Thursday, April 8, 2010

Welcome to the island....

I had this crazy dream a few days back. Wanted to write about it since then.

It was a sunny/damp Mumbai afternoon. I was standing in a row for the visa interview. Afterall I had secured admission in one of the best Universities in the world. Its my turn. Went inside. The VO scurried around some docs and then turned towards me.

VO : Hi
Me : Good Afternoon Mam.
VO : Okay, so I see you have all the financial docs, I-20 and other materials. But ..
................... freaking silence .................... nerves .................. still silence ........................... she was not able to find some doc. I decided to break the silence
Me : Is anything missing Mam?
VO : Ahh, here it is ... the LIST
ME : what is this LIST?
VO : It is Jacob's LIST
ME : ~confused~ Jacob??? :O :O
VO : Yes, you are indeed special .... {freaking silence ..... like they have in Indian Idol before announcing the anticipated result } (sudden thought of Wendi Miller came into my mind, I am special) .... still silence ... f***
VO : So, Jacob has listed you. Welcome to the island and enjoy your stay. ~smiles~
ME : ~confused~ Thank you.

A few days later I board the "Oceanic 815" .... ~Deja Vu~ I thought. A few moments later ....
I am on the island ... All I can see is a crashed plane, and a few other people around me. I do not remember what happened. It was like we crashed ...... Suddenly I see "Hagrid" guiding the way. He was saying

"The University welcomes you. Follow me. Do not get lost" ~his looks zoom deep into my eyes~

I joined the congregation.
A few miles offshore, Hagrid lead us into a HATCH .... ~Deja Vu~ I have seen this HATCH somewhere ... I just cant rememb... fuck shit... Desmond used to stay here.... shit am I on "the island", the island that moves through space time continuum whenever a bronze age wheel is turned???? I am one of the freaks !!!!!
Suddenly I see a lot of candles suspended in the air. (WTF) A grating voice of Locke is heard. Locke appears from nowhere at the podium and
"Welcome to the Island my friends, I am the new Dean. Some bad news first, Jacob is dead". Then suddenly ~the weird black smoke monster sound is heard~ .......

The next thing I see is a lone orient fan rotating anticlockwise. Shit, it wasn't real ???


p.s. : I was watching LOST since a week (se01 to se06 completed in a week's time)

No comments: